Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Joy

Today, I picked up my new Ashford Joy spinning wheel. It's a double treadle, portable wheel, and I am in love. She's small, she's quiet, and (perhaps best of all at the moment) she's babyproof, thanks to her traveling case.

Sadly, this means I'll be parting with my dear Kromski Minstrel. I haven't found a buyer, yet, but I'm sure I'll be able to - the Kromski is a wonderful wheel, just not babyproof enough for my home. I'll miss Magda, but I'm thrilled to welcome Joy.

My inaugural spin is an Abby Franquemont batt in Shiraz, a deep purpley burgundy, merino/tencel mix. It's delightful to spin, as any Abby batt always proves to be, and I'm easily managing an even long-draw on Joy's smallest ratio. Joy's a fast one (probably faster than Magda, as I don't have the lace flyer for the Kromski) and is proving to be just what the doctor ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment