Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hats and Hats Abound



This Christmas seems to be all about hats, for me. And a few other things I can't share yet, as the recipients might happen upon the pictures, but here are just a couple of the things I've been up to.

Four Minnesota Wild hats, though in various shades of forest green. The top beret is handspun, the earflap hat with the Charlie Brown zigzag is Cascade 220, and the two cabled children's hats are Knit Picks Comfy Worsted (and are some old, old leftovers. Feels nice to be done with the yarn!) These hats will soon be making a trip to the snowy north to live with some dear friends and hockey fans, and I'm hoping to get a picture of them watching a game in the hats!

And then, the little hat I'm most fond of: a gift for Durham Knits, Jr. in Misti Alpaca Worsted.

The pattern is Kate Oates' Plaid Hatter, and I can't wait to make it again in an adult size for me. I LOVE it! The little mittens are leftovers in a basic toddler mitt pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment